Call for Applications
Giuseppe Delmestri, WU Vienna
– University of Economics and Business, Austria
Thomas Gegenhuber, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
Paula Jarzabkowski, City, University London, United Kingdom, & University of Queensland, Australia
Jane Lê, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany
Julia Rapp-Hautz, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Madeleine Rauch, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Birgit Renzl, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Emmanuelle Reuter, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Garima Sharma, Georgia State University, USA
Hannah Trittin, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
The Strategy-as-Practice (SAP) Community Day 2022 is an inclusive platform to build, strengthen, and extend
relationships within the broader EGOS community. For SAP scholars spread across different sub-themes of the Colloquium, this
pre-Colloquium workshop provides an opportunity to exchange informally, to discuss new theoretical ideas and methods, and
to receive feedback on working or emerging papers.
The SAP Community Day 2022 consists of two parts:
1 is designed as space to inspire debates on and reflect upon the theme “Strategizing for Sustainability“.
Referring to how firms impact their social, environmental, and economic environment, sustainabilty has become a major concern
for firms across industries. While firms used to have distinct units dedicated to sustainability, the topic is increasingly
becoming a key concern of the C-Suite, which provides multiple opportunites for research from an SAP pespective. For instance,
what is the role of organizing and strategy-making to become a more sustainable firm? And how can SAP scholarship help to
understand and promote how organizations in business, the public sector, and civil society become more sustainable?
To tackle these and related questions, various perspectives in strategy and organization theory will be introduced. We will start with inputs from senior scholars who will reflect on their perspectives on strategizing for sustainability, followed by an interactive panel discussion. Next, each panelist will host a roundtable in which participants will gain deeper insights and enter conversations about how to strategize for sustainability. This will help to explore opportunities and limitations to study the role of strategy-making and organizing for sustainability.
- Part 2 features a paper development roundtable session where participants discuss their current research with leading SAP scholars. Participants will briefly present core ideas and current issues they are facing. Roundtable hosts will offer feedback and invite discussions among roundtable participants. Ideas and/or papers on all topics and theoretical perspectives are welcome!
addition to the above parts, we will provide opportunities for informal networking and discussions during breaks. Especially
the joint lunch break will further foster these networking activities and nurture the SAP community’s spirit.
Please submit – via the EGOS website – by April 30, 2022 a single application document (.docx or .pdf file) that contains the following mandatory information:
- On the first page: name + contact details, including title, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and keywords that best describe your current research interests;
- Which part(s) of the Strategy-as-Practice (SAP) Community Day 2022 would you like to attend? You may either attend Part 1 or both parts.
- If you want to attend Part 1 (Strategizing for Sustainability): please indicate your interest in attending this part.
- If you want to attend Part 2 (Paper Development Roundtables): please include an abstract of up to 1,000 words (including references). Ideas and/or papers on all topics and theoretical perspectives are welcome! We welcome all types of submissions, including (but not limited to) conceptual, quantitative, and qualitative papers at any development stage; also emerging observations from your data, such as ethnographic vignettes, can be submitted. There is no need to submit full papers later on; however, shortly before the SAP Community Day 2022 you will have the option to update your submission.